Hi Mama. Right now your are in the middle of a rollercoaster right? As a first time mom you are surprised by how much you love your baby and how much you are willing to give up for them. You are also really surprised by the amount of worry you feel Every. Single. Day. and Night. It drains your energy and causes a lot of stress to your body and mind.
Even months into your new motherhood you are exhausted from all this worrying:
“What if I’m not doing this right?”
“Is this what he/she really needs?”
“This is all my fault. I must have done something wrong.”
“What if something happens to my baby?”
You are trying so hard to be the perfect mom and feel like you’re fucking it all up. You have no ability to focus on anything but your tiny human and you feel disconnected from your partner. You are even a little resentful of your partner and the two of you are fighting a lot more. You wonder what you’ve gotten yourself into. You wonder where all the joy and warm fuzzies are that everyone else seems to experiencing. You feel really alone.
What makes this so painful is that you secretly constantly worry that you are doing this wrong and you are failing your baby.
Beautiful mama, you are not alone and you are exactly the mother your baby needs! My mission, with the coaching program I’ve developed called Mamas Transforming, is to ensure that you know deeply and truly that you already are everything you need to be to mother your baby AND experience a joyful life.
What’s included in the Mamas Transforming coaching program:
- 6 or more one hour long sessions just you and me.
- Flexibility & understanding: You get to choose what format works best for meeting: phone, Skype, or even messaging!
- Weekly follow up email summaries which will include highlights, inspiration and goals from the session.
- Weekly worksheets with activities or exercises to practice what you are learning.
- Up to two email exchanges a week asking questions or getting support.
- Be a part of helping other moms. 2% of every purchase/payment goes directly to Postpartum Support International: http://www.postpartum.net
- When you work with me you will receive my unwavering belief in you. In your own wisdom and ability. You will receive my belief that this journey is your own and it is a sacred one.
During the sessions you will:
- Get support for any question, problem, challenge or dream you have.
- Free yourself from first time mom worry and guilt
- Learn how your thoughts can cause you pain and what to do about it.
- Discover how to feel better using thoughts that feel better.
- Learn tools that can calm you down during moments of panic and overwhelm.
- Learn how to care for your mind, body and soul even if you don’t think you have time
- Get simple ideas for how to help you reduce fighting and increase closeness with your partner
- Develop a relationship with the natural world that rejuvenates and sustains.
- Learn how mindfulness and meditation can change your life
- Create routines, rituals and practices that support who you want to be in the world with your new identity.
Okay beautiful Mama. If this calls to you, the next step is simple. Click on this link to schedule your complimentary 30 minute discovery session where we get to know each other and figure out if I am the right fit for you: Lesley’s Calendar.
The link will take you to another page with my calendar. Just pick a date and time that works for you! I know that babies are not predictable and so if you cannot make the time we agree upon, no problem! We can reschedule.
Questions? Keep reading. . .
What is a Life Coach?
Imagine a cross between your best friend who really believes in you and cheers you on (but without any drama) and a therapist who knows how to listen, ask good questions & give you tips (but without having to get a “diagnosis”), that’s what a life coach is.
A life coach is someone who comes along side you and helps you make changes in your life so that you can meet your goals or create the kind of life you want to live.
Why would I want a life coach?
First of all, if you already are a confident, happy mom with a strong relationship, hurray! You don’t need to hire me and I am cheering you on!
You may want to hire me if:
- You worry a lot and want to find confidence as a mother
- If you want to have a joyful, delight filled motherhood
- If you want to raise your baby consciously & mindfully
- If you want to have a strong, loving partnership with your husband/boyfriend/partner
- If you’re feeling judged by others for your choices
- If you really want to be the absolute best mother you can be to your baby and still be your gorgeous woman self too!
I know asking for help is hard but it is not weakness. To ask for a bit of support is courage. No matter where you are on your motherhood journey, you deserve support. Sign up here, Lesley’s calendar for your complimentary Discovery session to find out if we’re a good fit.
I feel unsure that I should spend money on coaching?
A lot of moms worry that they shouldn’t spend money on themselves now that they have this little person to provide for. You worry that it is selfish to spend money on you and not your baby. I want to encourage you to think about this differently.
- What if you could live your best life possible?? What would this be like for you? For your baby?
- If you are investing time and money into feeling better and creating a motherhood that has delight instead of worry or frustration, then you are actually spending money to help your child have a happier, more loving childhood.
- If you can learn to deeply care for yourself now, while you are a first time mom and your child is still a baby, you will create a life that is confident, joyful and full of meaning. You will also become the mother you are longing to be.
What if my husband isn’t on board?
My goal is to support you and your relationship as deeply as I can. I recommend that you try to be as honest as you can with your partner about how you are feeling right now. Let them know that you that you are struggling with worry or guilt or xyz, and you really need a little extra help. This isn’t like therapy that goes on for years. It’s a six week program. After that, you will have all kinds of tools an ideas to help you even after you’ve graduated from the program .
I recently stumbled across Lesley’s tedx talk and it completely changed my life. . . As someone who has experienced a lot of anxiety it completely transformed my relationship with myself/my anxiety. Every time I feel anxiety now I choose instead to lean into the discomfort and ask myself, “what is it that life is trying to tell me?” or “what is it that I’m not letting in?” These questions have made me see anxiety with a new perspective, as something that could lead me to the life that I want if only I lean in and listen, and now I am listening and living more peacefully than ever. -Erica
“Lesley is filled with kindness, compassion and mommy strength. I’m sure she can help you find your mommy strength too.” Rochelle Miser
“I met Lesley while we were both doing outreach in our community and I could immediately see how passionate she is for helping others. Lesley has such a welcoming spirit! When she speaks with others she is articulate and kind and made me feel comfortable from the start.” Jen Winn
Interested in changing your motherhood from worry to joy? Simply sign up for your complimentary Discovery session: Lesley’s calendar